 Star Wars / 9223
Re: Chrome Knights now at LEGO Shop At Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:29:40 GMT

A promo item is an item that a company specifically is using to "promote"
their store or product. Some examples include the Shell sets, the Kabaya
Sweets sets in Japan, the Telekom (?) Tour de France sets, the made for
airlines sets. Things like that. These are true promo items. They are made
under arrangement with TLC and sold by a company to promote their business or
increase their sales.  How many of us would have bought as many Happy Meals as
we did if they didn't have LEGO sets included. I would also consider the rare
Star Wars press release set a promo item. In this case it is a promotion for
The Lego Company itself and their new Star Wars line.

There is a Star Wars promotional set?  What is it?