 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1146
Re: Chrome Knights now at LEGO Shop At Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:19:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Nathan McDowell writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Rose Regner writes:

Brad Justus wrote in message ...
These sets are known at LEGO as "HTO" sets -- for high traffic outlet, e.g.
supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores, etc. -- and are intended to
complement existing LEGO themes and build interest in the LEGO brand in
establishments where you might not otherwise see our products.

It  would be very helpful to have an official list of stores that would
carry these sets so that we may purchase these sets from them and
demonstrate that these sets will sell.

Rose

That would be really nice. • ....<snip>....
I've never seen a promo/HTO LEGO set in any supermarket, drug store,
or convenience store in all my years.  It would be nice to know where these
fabled sets get sold.

I have had reasonable sucess finding Lego sets (ex. sets 1094, 3069) at
Hannafords grocery  http://www.hannaford.com/
and have purchased other small sets (like 1068 and 1088) at Tops markets
http://www1.topsmarkets.com/.
Wilson Farms and Finast are also owned by Tops Markets and will likely carry
these HTO Lego items also http://www.finast.com/  http://www.wilsonfarms.com/

Well, that's a start on your list.  Not very helpful if you are not in the
northeast or New England states, but the list has to begin somewhere.

__Kevin Salm__