 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1145
Re: So did you wonder about me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:55:17 GMT

Congratulations on your new postion!

Rememebr me? I was the person that would not sign an NDA..

Unfortunatly the fan-zine got stuck in limbo...

Of course if an AFOL inside TLC were to suggest that Lego put an equivlant
of the Meccano Magazine... </Lean mode> I would be very pleased :-))))

I don't mind such a magazine carrying advertising- Indeed clasifieds were
sugested as way of partly funding a magazine.  I also don't mind paying a
fair cover-price, provided of course that it isn't mostly adverts(Like some
magazines here in the UK :-( )

I look forward to your response on this...

Alex
PS: Please check back on Lugnet for Haunted House Ideas... Or this that
going to be part of the themeing in the H.P range?

In lugnet.announce, Jake McKee writes:
Greetings all!

If you haven't forgotten me since I took my BricksontheBrain.com site down,
this is Jake McKee. I am happy to tell you all that the wonderful
opportunity that I referred to when I announce BotB was going out of
business is my joining Lego Direct!

I have come on board as a Senior Producer and am already working on some
really cool projects. There is alot of really great things coming soon!

One thing I would like to offer a little more info on is the new Mosaic
product. I have seen one of these first hand and it is awesome!! You get a
large baseplate, and enough 2x4 45 degree slopes to create the frame. Then,
based on your design, you will get enough 1x1 plates (that's plates, not
tiles)to actually create the design. These come in black, white, and three
shades of gray. You can create any design, including all black, or half
white, half black...so many ideas popping into my head...

The set is $29.99 US, and comes with a set of instructions on how to lay out
the design. I have seen the product in its glory and it is super cool.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Sorry I couldn't post earlier, but I was actually
working on getting access to be able to post with my new Lego email address.

More coming soon!

Jake McKee