 Star Wars / 731
730  |  732
Subject:
Spotted in Cromwell CT/Impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:39:02 GMT

Hi,
Just wanted to say that some Speeder Bikes and Landspeeders are in the
Cromwell Wal-Mart.  I bought the last Tie/Y-wing.  There WAS a large endcap of
Throwbots as well - If you see lots of bots, SW is near.

My impressions/deductions about the sets:

The Y-Wing is a one seater, but the West-End article was interesting.  The one
thing on the Y I would have like to have seen is the cockpit opening from the
side.

The four main ships are each a different "color".  The X-wing is red, the Tie
blue, the Y-Wing Yellow and the Snowspeeder is orange.  Now, I've been
collecting for a while but I can't remember a set that provided true orange
lego bricks.  Has anyone seen these colors?  How about purple?

The Snowspeeders canopy would have been nice if the entire peice lifted and
allowed you to seat both pilots, like the films, but other than that, I think
the SSpeeder is very accurate (right down to the 'steering' vents on the
wings.

More Later.
Zack