 Star Wars / 4943
Re: 2000 Star Wars sets are out in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:37:12 GMT

[XPFU to lugnet.market.shopping]
In lugnet.general, Mark Koesel wrote:

And the sale is still something of a mystery.  No one seems to know
why the sets are on sale.  Not only that, but three of the six sets that
I purchased rung up as "Lego DUPLO".  Supposedly all Star Wars merchandise
is supposed to be on sale at Meijer _except_ Lego.  None of the sales
clerks or managers had any explanation for any of this.

It was in this week's sale flier (which I got in my Sunday newspaper).  Right
below the big blurb about Star Wars being on clearance, it plainly states "Star
Wars LEGO 25% off" (I'm paraphrasing from memory).

I stopped at the greeter desk in the 28th/Kalamazoo Meijer, and I noticed that
there are two different fliers for this week.  The sale is announced in one
flier, not the other.

Steve