 Star Wars / 17979
17978  |  17980
Subject:
2 new Star Wars MINI Models: Naboo Scout Carrier (CW) and Galaxy Gun (EU)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 22:17:45 GMT

Hello dear fellows!

Today, as I have a little spare time left, I’d like to present the two latest additions to my Mini model building project to you. The two new Star Wars models come from the Clone Wars (Naboo Scout Carrier) and the Dark Empire comic series (Galaxy Gun).

The Naboo Scout Carrier is another but less known model of the Nubian family of starships. It has a quite unusual shape for the otherwise very streamlined and sleek looking Nubian starships. It appears in the episode “Blue Shadow Virus” of the new animated Clone Wars TV series. It is mainly a dish with a tall cockpit tower. The only thing that reminds to other Nubian starships is the yellow hull colour.

The model turned out quite tiny, as the newly released 4x4 round plate seemed a good solution for the main hull of the ship. The only problem was that it had to be attached turned by 45 degress to fit into the normal studs grid. Fortunately the 1x1 clip plates and the binoculars connect almost without any gap on the dish to form the backbone.

Click the image or link to view the gallery.

Naboo Scout Carrier on BrickShelf

Nubian Starship Familiy

If you are interested in more Nubian Starships, here is a little gallery of all those yet in the collection (Choose and image to view the galleries).

From top left to bottom right: Naboo NB-1S Bomber from the game Galactic Battlegrounds, Naboo J-type Diplomatic Barge (Ep. 2), Naboo N-X Police Cruiser from the game Battle for Naboo, Naboo J-type 327 Royal Starship (Ep. 1), Naboo Scout Carrier (CW), Naboo J-type Star Skiff (Ep. 3), Naboo N-1 Starfighter (Ep. 1+2), Naboo H-type Yacht (Ep. 2).

On a side note, all ships come with new and better photos. The J-type 327 Royal Starship has been completely redesigned as my older version was a bit too big in my eyes now.

The second ship for today is the Galaxy Gun from Dark Empire, one of the most popular comic series of the Expanded Universe from Star Wars. It is a long tube with engines, also equipped with sublight engines and hyperdrive, which was designed to fire large particle disintegrator warheads able to destroy entire planets.

The obvious way to build this superweapon is to use inverted slopes with normal slopes attached on top of them. Several people already did that. To respect their works and avoid overlaps, this version was built using wedge plates standing orthogonal to the horizon. It also works well, and you have an easier way to connect the rest of the tubing to it.

Click the image or link to view the gallery.

The Galaxy Gun on BrickShelf

Vessels from Dark Empire

There are many more vessels appearing in Dark Empire. Please find attached a small collection (the images are links).

From top left to bottom right: A-9 Vigilance Interceptor, Amphibion Transport, Cloak Shape Fighter, E-Wing Starfighter, Eclipse Super Star Destroyer, Galaxy Gun, I-7 Howlrunner, Mobquet Medium Transport, Modular Taskforce Cruiser, Slave 2, TIE Droid, V-Wing Airspeeder, Waveskimmer, Xiytiar Transport.

That’s it for today. Thank you for stepping by, and see you next time.

Yours Christopher.

http://www.deckdesigns.de