 Star Wars / 17612
17611  |  17613
Subject:
Republic Gunship - Cargo version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:53:52 GMT

After the clone wars, under the tenuous peace of the Empire, many war machines were modified for commercial use. Such was the fate of a republic gun ship, seen here:

Gallery

This is the second re-build of this model. Since it’s purchase, the RGS has sat above my TV. Every now and again, I get tired of the color, bring it down, and rebuild it.

The first version was a clone-wars color scheme bomber, with bomb bay and belly ramp below the pilots. It was extended about 4 studs, the hinges in the nose were removed, the cockpits altered significantly, and a working bomb bay door added.

This second version is now about 10 studs longer than the original, the wings and side panels altered for wider cargo, and the entire back of the ship removed. Magnets, a slide out landing gear, and an extra layer of bricks along the bottom were added.

I am confident that this is not the last version of this model, I simply await a new color scheme and re-configuration to inspire me. The question is, how many versions before it is no longer recognizable as the original RGS?

Aaron