 Star Wars / 17185

Subject:
New Episode III sets, and a missing piece or two
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:32:19 GMT

Hey you Star Wars gang,

I just got the Episode III set of Anakin's fighter and the droid fighter. Great
set with some great parts.

For those parts that were there... It was missing a few. So, just want to know
if others run across the same problem as they get their sets.

By the way, I also got the TIE Fighter with Vader's lighting up Lightsabre, and
aside from the new Vader, its the same deal as before. Maybe they cleaned up the
fighter actually and did a little redesign. I have since taken my TIE fighter
apart and don't remember exactly how it went. Seemed the same, though.

-Mike

Re: New Episode III sets, and a missing piece or two
In lugnet.starwars, Micheal Fuller wrote:
Hey you Star Wars gang,

I just got the Episode III set of Anakin's fighter and the droid fighter. Great
set with some great parts.

For those parts that were there... It was missing a few. So, just want to know
if others run across the same problem as they get their sets.

By the way, I also got the TIE Fighter with Vader's lighting up Lightsabre, and
aside from the new Vader, its the same deal as before. Maybe they cleaned up the
fighter actually and did a little redesign. I have since taken my TIE fighter
apart and don't remember exactly how it went. Seemed the same, though.

-Mike

Mine had all the bits, and a few spares.

Maybe yours was packed by a Dark Lord of the Megablock?

Matt

Re: New Episode III sets, and a missing piece or two
In lugnet.starwars, Micheal Fuller wrote:
Hey you Star Wars gang,

I just got the Episode III set of Anakin's fighter and the droid fighter. Great
set with some great parts.

For those parts that were there... It was missing a few. So, just want to know
if others run across the same problem as they get their sets.
(snip)
-Mike

Mine had all the bits, and a few spares.

Maybe yours was packed by a Dark Lord of the Megablock?

Matt

I just finished building mine. Only the exact parts were included, none were
missing and none were left over (first time ever that I can think of in my 19
years of building lego)

-Juan

Re: New Episode III sets, and a missing piece or two
In lugnet.starwars, Micheal Fuller wrote:
(snip)
By the way, I also got the TIE Fighter with Vader's lighting up Lightsabre, and
aside from the new Vader, its the same deal as before. Maybe they cleaned up the
fighter actually and did a little redesign. I have since taken my TIE fighter
apart and don't remember exactly how it went. Seemed the same, though.

-Mike

I have some pictures on my brickshelf folder with a side by side comparison of
the two models.  the changes are minor and mostly cosmetic.  By the way, the new
tie uses the new dark gray color.
The folder (pending Moderation):
The deep links:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/juanerdz/Old-New-Tie/a_tie_fighter_side.jpg