 Star Wars / 16599

Subject:
What happened to FBTB.net?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:40:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I went to FBTB just now and saw this:

No web site is configured at this address.

That's it. Nothing but that single line. I think it's equivalent to a 404 error.

What happened?

Re: What happened to FBTB.net?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:20:43 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jordan Bradford wrote:
I went to FBTB just now and saw this:

No web site is configured at this address.

That's it. Nothing but that single line. I think it's equivalent to a 404 error.

What happened?

FBTB is (was) working fine for me at 5:20 Eastern (NY) time.
I am using IE 6.0 in Windows XP.

Thanks, Ben.

Re: What happened to FBTB.net?!
In lugnet.starwars, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Jordan Bradford wrote:
I went to FBTB just now and saw this:

No web site is configured at this address.

That's it. Nothing but that single line. I think it's equivalent to a 404 error.

What happened?

FBTB is (was) working fine for me at 5:20 Eastern (NY) time.
I am using IE 6.0 in Windows XP.

Thanks, Ben.

It's back up now. That was strange.

Re: What happened to FBTB.net?!
In lugnet.starwars, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   In lugnet.starwars, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
   In lugnet.starwars, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   I went to FBTB just now and saw this:

No web site is configured at this address.

That’s it. Nothing but that single line. I think it’s equivalent to a 404 error.

What happened?

FBTB is (was) working fine for me at 5:20 Eastern (NY) time. I am using IE 6.0 in Windows XP.

Thanks, Ben.

It’s back up now. That was strange.

As it now says on the front page, fbtb was Farked yesterday. Even the non-AFOL side of the ‘net can appreciate a Lego Death Star. :)

-jeremiah-

Re: What happened to FBTB.net?!
In lugnet.starwars, Jordan Bradford wrote:
I went to FBTB just now and saw this:

No web site is configured at this address.

That's it. Nothing but that single line. I think it's equivalent to a 404 error.

What happened?

It got FARKED!!  I read fark.com and noticed something about acpin and a
complete deathstar, well that will bring about 10000 extra people to any site
and that will kill most servers.  It just takes a day or so for the server to
get back online.

Re: What happened to FBTB.net?!
It got FARKED!!  I read fark.com and noticed something about acpin and a
complete deathstar, well that will bring about 10000 extra people to any site
and that will kill most servers.  It just takes a day or so for the server to
get back online.

The FBTB customs opened our gallery with the Death Star Modules that were done
last year. Somehow it got sent to Fark and it actually got more than 50,000 hits
on that day.

ACPin & Sons