 Star Wars / 13550
Re: 10026...Price versus Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:33:11 GMT

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:01:23 GMT "Greg Muri" <gmuri1@yahoo.com> writes:
I have to agree with you here Tim.  Since the parts used in the stand
are
also used in lots of other sets, that certainly wouldn't justify
doubling
the price.  Also, the rare chrome parts doesn't add that much value
to the
set unless you are specifically looking for those parts.  I think
the number
of people that will buy the set specifically for the chrome is
rather low
compared to the overall sales.  I for one want it for some of the
other
parts and will likely end up selling off the chrome parts.

Hey, yeah, there are some other parts in there that are usefull to aren't
there? I haven't seen much potential for anything but the chrom...I'm a
mecha guy and thus don't yet have any real use for the curvy parts (maybe
when someone else does something with them I'll realize their potential,
but not now...) I mainly want the chrome, even though there is very
little of it. I might wait though, and see if lego comes out with sets
that have chrome in a larger quantity. Oh, BTW, did this reply start a
new thread again, I've been having some trouble with gettin my messages
to reply in the same thread...Thanx! :^)
May the Brick be with you
               * Tim *
Greg