 Space / 9574
Re: Should resist (Was: Couldn't resist)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:05:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.space, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

I've come into this discussion late, and it occurs to me that this is the
best part of it so far.  It is great advice, which most everyone involved in
this thread would to well to take.

i.e. if you don't want to perpetuate disrespect, then consider reigning in
your own disrespect first.  There's been a hefty amount of it being flung
around from all sides, and it's getting pretty childish.  Just a thought.

Jeremy,

Thanks for posting this.  I think you got it exactly right.

Steve
All I simply said was I got tired of the same basic designs in large space
craft.  I have seen these same, cigar shaped designs ever since the science
fiction serials on television around six or seven decades earlier in our
country.  I like the features, the compartments, the engines, the technology
but I simply do not like the styles of most of these space craft.  These
space craft are too open for weapons, at least some of these space craft,
for the enemy space craft to simply blow the space craft into oblivion.  If
you wanted a part in this discussion, then please do not assume that I am
immature because I am not the instigator of all of the immaturity of these
letters, I am simply discussing flaws with the elemental designs of most
space craft and I can not help that with some of these letters that I view
some of these responses as hostile and that with some of the information
that I do not understand the views of some of these people and that is what
frustrates me about this bulletin board.
Jesse Long