 Space / 9573
Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:38:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Heya Selçuk-

In lugnet.space, Selçuk Göre writes:

Jesse Alan Long wrote:
There was a man who asked me about eating soy and I simply said that I did
not like soy because I am not exactly a vegetarian, that and I decided to be
humorous (as opposed to being annoying or rude, which many people on Lugnet
seem to think I am in life, which is certainly not true) in my response to
his letter because his letter was also humorous in structure and besides,
are you real or just another of the chorous of the voices in my mind?  I
seem to be real enough to type this message so it appears that I must exist
on some plane of existence in life.  There are two messages that I do not
understand in my mind.  The first message was, 'I really don't appreciate
beating innocent clueless, and my attitude same to this conversation.'  What
do you indicate by that statement?

It was 'I really don't appreciate beating innocent clueless, and my
attitude *was* same to this conversation.'

  I'm actually sort of stumped at that line too--it doesn't
  quite compute grammatically.  I think that's what Jesse
  wasn't getting (that's definitely what I'm not understanding).

At first, I thought that you were a teen, just were rambling around, and
there was no need to be harsh to you.

But after this much weird and funny postings, and reading that you were
21, I started to believe that this comical "Jesse Long" character that
you presented here in lugnet is either fictional, created to make some
fun with us, (so I said I believed "Jesse long" is not real, I already
know that there is someone hitting the keys in front oh his/her PC) or
you are really a child trying to sell him/herself as an adult.

I still believe the same thing.

  No comment, except that this has been a most interesting
  week and a half on LUGnet.

The second question is was there another
person with my name on the early days of Lugnet and what is this RTL that
you speak of, Selcuk?  I spologize that the computer that I use does not
have one of those weird marks underneath the "c" in your name and I have
also not known how to write one of those marks on my computer, Selcuk.  Who
was this other Jesse Long?  Is he an evil alien clone of me that is out to
kill me?  I share a name with the girl of Team Rocket and now some other
person has my name on Lugnet.
Jesse Long

Yes there was a Jesse Long, before this Lugnet thing, during RTL days
(rec.toys.lego, a news group created to discuss things about Lego, which
still exists) and he is still here lurking around.

  I remember that Jesse--has anyone spoken with him in the last
  year or so?  And as for that Pokemon thing (I think Team Rocket
  is a Pokemon thing)...hmmm.

"ç" is not weird by the way. At least not much weird than letters like
"x, q and w" that we don't have in our alphabet..:-)

  It's more the sedilla than the letter, methinks. ;)  We-all's
  don't go for that thar Frenchie stuff down he-ah.  Y'all a
  communist or sumthin'?  (Don't ask how they react to umlauts.)

  best

  LFB

I think that you do not understand that sentence, either, Lindsay?  The
problem is that you respond with the sentence, 'I think that's what Jesse
wasn't getting (that's definitely what I'm not understanding).'  What do you
mean by that sentence, Lindsay?  I knew that the name for that mark started
with the letter 's' but the name of the word escaped my mind and thank you,
Lindsay, for making me remember that word in my mind.  The last answer to
your question is yes, Jesse is from Pokemon but she is the girl from Team
Rocket and her name is J-E-S-S-I-E and the guy is named James.  The problem
that has irritated me even more is that some people have the NERVE to spell
my name that way, especially government people.  This has been a mistake
that has happened ever since I was born into this world.  :.(
Jesse Long