 Space / 9488
Re: I could resist but I won't (was: Couldn't resist)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:15:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
Almost every builder has millions of attennas and tons of
bulky areas on these ships and none of these people realize that there is
friction in outer space

(and if any of the many builders who have millions of attennas is about, I'd
like to know what attennas are, and whether you could spare a couple of
hundred thou - I've never encountered a Lego piece I couldn't use for
something...)

Oh good, that means I can call dibs on a ton of bulky areas, just as long as
they're not glued together.

James (who is boggled at the thought of a tonne of LEGO bricks)

Being the geek I am I wondered how many 2x4s that would be. Not having any
to hand (or a scientific scale) I looked it up. It's amazing, everything
geeky I could think of asking has already been thought, asked and answered.

Anyway from http://news.lugnet.com/market/shipping/?n=362
a 1x8 weighs some 3.06g which means a (metric) tonne 1000kg is around
327,000 bricks.

Some more work with the calculator...
which is a block 160 studs long, 160 wide and 120 high
or 1.28m by 1.28m by 0.96m

or if built into a one thickness wall, 3.2m high, about 2.016m long.

or if laid end to end, 2.6km

James (who's going to do some real work now)