 Space / 9358
Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:59:31 GMT

I think you've failed to consider that a bulky ugly craft with lots of
antennas and other pointy pieces would be very handy when encountering • those
space monsters that live inside the asteroids and have the huge mouths • that
are disguised as caves.  All those pieces sticking out of the ship would
poke the monster in the sensitive areas of its gums and the roof of its
mouth.  And if that didn't stop it then the bulkiness would make it hard • for
the monster to swallow the craft.

And what happens if you need to detect that undetectable tachyon pulse
signature and you've left off the tachyon pulse antenna?! It makes me sick
the way that spaceships have got so fashionable now that everybody buys one
but never actually takes them out of earth's atmosphere.

A spacecraft should be like a Swiss army knife, a gadget ready for every
unforeseeable occasion!

Kerry