 Space / 9288
Re: Ancient Art Of Technic Skeleton (Was Re: Building big)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:58:41 GMT

Kyle Keppler wrote:

2. Newer Technic sets seem to use more and more studless "liftarms" and less
brick-style Technic beams - for example, 8880 had dozens of 1x16s, but the
Silver Champion only contains 8. The SW Technic sets don't seem to contain
any. This is a real shame - technic beams longer than 1x8 are becoming more
and more difficult and expensive to obtain.

Yea, at around $2 a pop it's rather hard to get a bunch of them...

$2/ea?  Not on Brickbay!  Less than $2ea for most I saw...

Having the luxury of a good Technic collection, I must say that personally I
love using this construction method. In fact, that's why I prefer building
big - not only is the result more impressive, but you're given the
opportunity to solve a greater range of construction/engineering problems on
the way to achieving it.

So yeah, in other words bigger IS better. :-)

:-D
I need more technic. Heres to bulk beams!

S@H Europe had the 5237 Technic pack for a while last week or the week before.  I
suggest you keep checking, as many of their packs have come back in stock for
short periods of time, I would assume as they send off all orders and verify what
(if any) they have left.

Keep a watch on 5235, just in case it comes back in stock.

But YES, I agree, they really SHOULD release large Technic beams in bulk.  I'd
love to see packs of 10 or 25 in black - 1x16s all the way down to 1x8s (but
packaged SEPARATELY, not as mixed size packs!).

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/