 Space / 9267
Re: Building big
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 02:09:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Zac Soden writes:
Hi all,

I have just finished disassembling all of my models and had my sights set on
a big dropship. I started trying to build it but it just isn't happening. I
don't yet have the skill to beef it out properly. Having a small brick
collection ddoesn't help, either.
Can anyone please give me some tips on how to build the bigger models. I
think for now I'll go down a size and make something else...

If your collection doesn't stretch to an American size you're probably
contimplating something along the size of
Richard Parson's Saucy Slayer
(warning, Richard uses Megabrickium in his hulls...)
Richie Dulin's Wasabi
or for something a little different, Pete White's Brikiney Spears Tourbus

All are examples of brick-building mentioned earlier. My own ship isn't
featured in the list since I haven't any pics to show off yet. It's
somewhere in size between the Slayer and the Wasabi.

I worked by having a general idea of the size and shape I wanted, building,
rebuilding and rebuilding again. Don't worry if it doesn't whoosh the first
time through, each rebuild is a lesson in making LEGO(bricks) work together.

James (who thinks the 'Sword' was the largest model he's ever made)