 Space / 9264
Re: Building big
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:35:02 GMT

Hey Zac! I don't know how big you we're planning on going but I've found big
baseplates helpful. And as Ross suggested, a technic frame also works well
as far as sturdiness with the panel method Tim (T-Bird) described.

This is a pic of my carrier:

This is an exploded pic to reveal the different sections on different plates:

This is a pic of my carrier's main flight deck without the
baseplates--ignore the cat:

Notice the technic crossbeams and castle walls and BURPs that make up the
sides of the ship. My design is not as sturdy and "whooshable" as T-Bird's.
But it achieves my purpose of having a big ship to show off ;^)  Have fun!

Dan