 Space / 78
Re: Monorails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:42:13 GMT

Paul Baulch wrote:

Greg Majewski wrote in message ...

so I thought of using a monorail. The only

Is it possible to concatenate single railway track pieces without using the
dk-grey sleeper "clip" pieces, i.e. just with normal studs? If it is, then
perhaps you could use a single strip of railway track for the rail, and the
cars could use alternating inward-pointing train wheels to straddle the
track on each side. It might be challenging to get the cars' centre of
gravity low enough to not tip over by building them downward a lot on each
side (and keep side clearance on curves), but then such solutions would
probably also hide the train wheels nicely, as well as give the cars that
nice "straddling-the-rail" look.

Oh, and this method doesn't even address the problem of how to motorise it.
:-)

Paul

From what I remember of my old-style railway tracks, it is. Lego
themselves did a monorail this way once:

-> http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6970/6970-08.jpg

although it didn't have curves. The other problem is that, if you're not
a train fan, coming by curves can be quite tricky, although you could do
a large monorail with a couple of straight and curved track sets. (Are
these S@H only in the US?)

:: paul (confusing isn't it?)