 Space / 41824
Re: The #OBBCSL 'Mini Movie'!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2022 18:57:45 GMT

In lugnet.announce, "David Koudys" <davidkoudys@gmail.com> wrote:
Here it is!

https://youtu.be/zEYWym2gCck

My friend (who works in 'the biz') got some 'studio time' booked at his shop and
we set up the #OBBCSL.  He set up the lighting and the screens and I set up the
layout.

He originally thought about 'green screening' but that would have been so much
post production... so we just used blackout screens around the back half of the
layout.

We then took some footage using his Osmo camera. That littel camera is quite
impressive.

He was using 120 fps, and I can't remember what aperture or ISO or anything like
that...

The Osmo was able to get right into the layout better than my usual cell phone
vids...

As well, my friend then added specific sound effects to the various monorails
and nodes around the layout, and overlayed it with a wonderful soundtrack.

I am so pleased with the result - it was worth the effort to set up for the day
at the studio.

He gave me all the raw footage, and I don't know what I'll do with it yet...

This 'mini movie', however, I'm trying to incorporate into the display at shows.
I'll figure it out :)

Hope you like it!

Dave K

This looks great! Your friend (and you!) did a fantastic job!

Steve