 Space / 41647
41646  |  41648
Subject:
Mech Bay 16
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:43:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Mech Bay 16

This is my latest Mech Bay. I built this one for the Jersey City Artist Studio Tour,
and it took about 4 weeks to make. This year, I curated a show with
18 Artist for my 17th year of participation. October 3rd & 4th, 2009.

Mech Bay 16 features light box construction and uses an ultra rare
large clear base plate. Built as a ‘Reprogramming Facility’ for the
BLACK BEAR, the bay features an emotive programming automaton and a
single robotic arm. The Bay is built on x4 64x64 base plates and
splits in to separate sections for transportation.

There’s a gem of a Mini-fig:

Easy access to the light controls.

The Rizmit and Mr. Krinkle also came along for the display too.

Some construction shots:

Building the inner gantry support...

...and outer structure...

...my desk gets messy...:(