 Space / 41213
Re: New MOC: Legoland Spacelines 979
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:11:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Findley wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
   As seen at BrickCon 2007:

Some construction info:

Classic-Space.com forums
Flickr set

Superb as always! I’d have preferred longer landing gear struts, but I’ve seen some aircraft with landing gear just like your model. I absolutely loved your solution to the landing gear doors and the animation of the landing gear deploy is way cool.

Although pretty, longer landing gear requires either fancier (usually weaker) joints or bigger doors. But I’m glad people like the landing gear clips!

   I think the vehicle has the feel of something out of Japanese animation while still retaining that Classic Space feel.

I was heavily inspired by some photos I found of the Minerva from the anime Crusher Joe (even though I didn’t know that’s what I was looking at), along with Classic Space, modern jumbo-jets, and a bit of space shuttle.

--Bram