 Space / 41004
41003  |  41005
Subject:
AMCP display at BRICKWORLD 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 01:21:24 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Listen up Mecha heads, town folks, and all else.

Debuting at will the first of many AMCP –Apocalyptic Mecha City Projects. What is the AMCP? The AMCP is a large-scale modular city display with a war-torn theme to it. It acts as a backdrop for Meacha and minifigs to battle it out in the streets.

Because of the city’s unique nature, the building standards are different from the standards used by TOWN builders. However, it does allow for wide verity flexibility and should be able to integrate almost any creation. So, if you want to take that nice building you built for the TOWN display last year, blowout one of the walls; you should not have any problem integrating it into the mix.

A “Mecha” city would not be complete without plenty of streets to fight on. With that in mind, streets will be one of the caveats of the city. The standard is based off the newest roadplates that are currently out. For the road standard, click Street Specs

An “Apocalyptic” city is destroyed and devastated. In every movie that has a war-torn city in it, craters cover the streets. Since it is next to impossible to build a hole into a road plate, there will be an elevated section of the city. This section will allow you to completely customize your roads. For the standard of the raised section, click Street Specs

The “City” will contain whatever building you see fit for a war-torn city. Buildings can be built on any of the standard baseplate sizes from 8x16 to 48x48. To see some examples, click Example Building

Last but most defiantly not least, the biggest part of the city will be the Mecha. Bring as much of your Mecha as you can and display them in the community’s biggest battle royal to date. An if you really need some example of Mecha, click http://www.mechahub.com

Since this “Project” is new to the community and events, it is expected that we may run into some problems. Please express as much dialogue or concern you may have regarding the AMCP. The more kinks that can be worked out before the event, the better.

So, what else is needed:
• We need people to volunteer to bring roadplates. If anyone has a large amount of roadplates, please email me Brandon@mechahub.com and let me know.
• Also, if anyone is planning on building any raised road sections, please let me know as well so we can plan ahead as much as possible.

Question or comments, please email me at Brandon@mechahub.com.

See you at Brickworld 2007

Brandon Griffith
AMCP Coordinator