 Space / 40874

Subject:
Eagle transporter (Space 1999)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:25:26 GMT

Anybody know this builder? Truely impressive, and I still can't figure out the
front cockpit area. Amazingly accurate (well, based on my really out of date
memories anyway).

Brian Davis

Re: Eagle transporter (Space 1999)
   Anybody know this builder? Truely impressive, and I still can’t figure out the front cockpit area. Amazingly accurate (well, based on my really out of date memories anyway).

Yeah, it’s a great model. There’s more detail shots here, showing how they used black paper on the cockpit. I noticed also that around the front escape hatch they used 4 of the extremely rare 2x2 tile with corner cutout (brassoed!), which is only available in one set, as far as I know.

    4336 {Mirror}
46 elements, 0 figures, 1980
LEGO > SCALA > Jewelry

ROSCO

Re: Eagle transporter (Space 1999)
   Anybody know this builder? Truely impressive, and I still can’t figure out the front cockpit area. Amazingly accurate (well, based on my really out of date memories anyway).

Hey,

That’s by Shinya Fujita, the Japanese builder who came to prominence for his reproduction of the LEGO Star Wars Trilogy way back in 1992/1993, before the official SW theme.

Bruce

Re: Eagle transporter (Space 1999)
Anybody know this builder? Truely impressive, and I still can't figure out the
front cockpit area. Amazingly accurate (well, based on my really out of date
memories anyway).

Your memories are not at all out of date. I made a few lo-res screenshots from
the season 1 series just to compare:

http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/pix/Eagle%20Landing.jpg
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/pix/Eagle%20Zap.jpg
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/pix/Eagle%20Interior.jpg

Detail works at the LEGO model are really impressive when you compare to the
original.

/Tore