 Space / 39686
Re: Duke, cargo shuttle.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2005 05:58:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Buckland wrote:
   Duke 690B

Originally used in the Terran wars by the Phacodi military. During the war, Dukes had the reputation as the workhorse of the fleet. And also well known for the seemingly random nature of the primary life support systems located behind the seats which would occasionally decide to catch on fire and engulf the cockpit in smoke. After the war the Phacodi military went bankrupt and the Terax shipping corp purchased 700 of the ex-military Duke class shuttles to serve as cargo shuttles.

Slightly more info in the Mocpages gallery.

Pick your poison.

Mocpages http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/11574 Brickshelf http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=152320

Share and enjoy.

I did enjoy, Mr. Buckland, and as usual I disagree with my esteemed colleauges. I like the orange window and the black section of the wings...in fact I like the whole thing despite its boxy shape. The nose is one of the best I’ve seen in a while, and doesn’t suffer from that generic look that many ships fall prey to. I do think it could use some landing gear however. Circle the wagons, pilgrim, the Duke has arrived.

-Keith