 Space / 39646
39645  |  39647
Subject:
Spartans vs. Wolverines takes to the air
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:35:34 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The arrival of the college football season knocked me out of my building slump. Let me explain--I went to Michigan State U., school colors are green and white. Our archrival is the University of Michigan Wolverines, the winningest program in college football history, their colors are “maize” (yellow) and blue. This year and last year we lost to them in overtime, but at least we kept it close.

I did “Spartans vs. Wolverines” once before, with mechs. This time I’m using dark blue, which is a better match for the U of Mich. color, and this time the battle is in the air.

Random notes: I finally got the gear parts I needed to make one of Dan Rubin’s miniguns. Dark green would also be a better choice for the Spartans, but I think I have a total of maybe three dark green parts, so I’m still using standard green. That big Jedi canopy has a lot of potential, but it’s hard to elegantly cap off the front of it.

Spartan gallery Wolverine gallery