 Space / 39610
Re: A dark blue starfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:08:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:

It’s dark blue. It’s a starfighter. It’s got everything you’d expect: landing gear, minifig-accessible cockpit (though I neglected to take pics with a pilot.. doh..) laser cannon, missiles, engines; it’s all there.

What do you like?

Very smooth and simply oozing with style. I love the shape. The smoothness and subtle asymmetry are fantastic with a capital FAAN.
And you’ve done a wonderful job of covering the studs that need covering and leaving the studs that need leaving.

   What doesn’t look good to you? I can take it.

Nits only, but:
- Logically, the engine exhausts seem small and are so far below the center of mass that this would never work in space... but they look so durn good!
- If you only have one main gun, it should be bigger.
- The intakes look like they need to lose that top grey bit inside, like replacing it with a black plate and setting it one stud back like the middle plate.
- You’re missing some pictures, like the ship on the ground with gear down. Is there a front foot, or does it balance on those technic bits?
- No presentation of a minifig-scale ship is complete without a cool pilot (and preferably a short stupid backstory).

Good gravy, she’s gorgeous.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com