 Space / 39577
39576  |  39578
Subject:
Quick stats for NWBrickCon 2005 Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:46:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Moonbase featured:
- A giant 4-legged arch that covered a cross of 5 baseplates long by 5 baseplates wide and what... 4 feet high?
- Two large spaceport terminals
- A 6x4-baseplate trence with 40-brick-deep sculpted rock sides
- The monstrous “Ministry of Justice” tower
- (4?) modules using a new “giant connector” system
- A remotely-controlled turret that shot Technic arrows into the Town/Train layout
- Two Starbucks endcaps (Sandlin’s design)
- A giant blue/grey/trans-yellow complex
- And much more!!

As for size, I’ll look closely at the pictures at some point to see if I can get a more accurate count. My quick count shows that the moonbase:
- Covered 130 (48x48) baseplates of surface
- Had 78 of those baseplates actually covered by moonbase modules

This appears to leave us with ~50 baseplates’ worth of other space stuff integrated with the moonbase. That sounds a bit high, but may be right. Those two large terminals were both surrounded by baseplates covered with ships and support vehicles as opposed to modules.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com