 Space / 39175
Re: I'm Back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:48:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:

Welcome back Zac!

It's funny, I was just admiring this spaceship the other day on BS, and now I
learn it's the one we talked about some time ago. Cool!

Yeah I thought you'd like that. Those discussions we had were actually quite
critical for me to continue on past the concept stage originally.

I like everything about the "Magellan". The colours aren't flashy, the
detailing isn't excessive, and overall form reminds me of a submarine. You
even gave it a periscope up top and a manual tube launcher inside. Very nice!
The interiors look sleek and well designed as well. The double walls seem to
be a success! Well done.

Awww come on, surely not everything ;)
Actually, a submarine is the kind of thing that I was modelling it off, interior
wise - cramped space, no privacy. That's how I imagine functional space vessels
to be like. I never clicked with the periscope - its just a blatent rip off one
of Soren's drones, just in black. I think the double walls were a success too.
You'll have to try it one day.

I can definitely see Soren's influence in this design, but the large, white
shells also remind me of <http://www.ken-tucky.com/LEGO/works-e.html Ken
Takeuchi>'s ships. Were you aware of his work when building this? Your style
and his have some similarities.

I am aware of Ken's work (but I hadn't seen his latest updates - fantastic) but
none of the inspiration for the Magellan came from him. I can see the
similarities but they are purely coincidental. Although they prolly won't be in
the future ;)

Anyways, it's great that you're back! I hope to see more MOCs from you.

And I wanna see more space ships from you too!

Thanks man,

Zac