 Space / 39055
Re: Space Pirates, Mini-Melpomene, More!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 03:10:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
   From largest to smallest...

First, the space Pirates. I have Zed Cannon 1:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/zcannon1/index.html

The front of Zed Cannon 1’s gun was inspired by the engines on Mladen’s D-44 Landing Barge.
And I blame the idea for angled bits sticking out the top and bottom of the engines on Soren, though I don’t have any specific model in mind.

...and

Awesome! This is really a wonderful asymmetric design, and it works visually, IMO. The engines are also great, especially the inner black plates, which strategically conceal what would have been otherwise a boring and empty space. Well done! I’m also glad you got inspired by my Barge. It’s an MOC I often go back to myself and see stuff I forgot I ever built! ;-)

   Zed Cannon 2:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/zcannon2/index.html

I like this one as well! It’s interesting to see how much it differs from the first Zed Cannon. I like the weapons, vernier thrusters, and the cockpit. I also like the modularity of the parts, and how, as a result, the whole comes across as essentially a cockpit strapped onto a chassis of engines and guns. Cool.

And I must say that it is also refreshing to see a .space MOC with so many studs exposed. If you covered them, I think the retro, Classic-Space look of whole thing would have been lost.

BTW:

”This came together very quickly for me- I built the entire ship except for the gun in about 3 hours from start to finish. I babysat 4 kids and cooked dinner for us in that time as well.“

Wow... You sure can multitask! :-)

   Next I have a mini version of Melpomene, Melpo-MINI:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/melpomin/index.html

I loved the original, minifig-scale Melpomene and this microfig version is just as nice!

   And finally, the “more”- KraataCorp’s Hover Can:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/hovercan/index.html

Ah, what a spacey day.

I don’t like that ‘can’ (???) piece very much. Sorry. :-(

Keep on building and posting Tony! You got some great stuff to show, and it really inspires me to build some spacey creations myself.

Mladen Pejic

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com