 Space / 37860
Re: "Aggressor", power armor dropship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:27:22 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Kyle Vrieze wrote:
   I looked at Soren’s “Lying Bastard” a lot while building, and tried to expand on his Pirate color scheme, also using some of his gun muzzles and greebs. Mladen’s work influenced the square-barrel gun and missile boxes. The cockpit bears a resemblance to Trevor Pruden’s Orca dropship, and the “thruster shot” is reminiscent of Keith Goldman’s “Ghoul”. (There’s a joke in there somewhere, I just know it.) I also used one of Paul Hartzog’s chair designs. I probably missed a credit here, so let me know if I used your idea and didn’t mention you.

I never thought I’d use twelve of those AT-AT click hinges in one MOC, but here you go.

PLMKWYT

This is pretty darn good Kyle. I was looking forward to this dropship since
a while ago you mentioned you were working on one. You did not disappoint.
I most say you have done a great job with the “rugged, let’s get these boys
down” look. The illusion of armor paneling gives it a realistic look to it.
I think the front missile launcher however is a bit too big. But I see how
it makes the MOC less “boxy”. The Gauss riffle is awesome.
The back of the Aggressor and the cockpit are, I think, the best part of this
MOC. You keep making me want to finish my dropship but I just can’t get down
to it. Time permitting you will see one from me.
Keep them coming Kyle.
Take care,
David