 Space / 37545
Re: Blacktron Mining Operation Discovered
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:29:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Ladasky wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
   During a recent routine survey of outlying moons our probe discovered a Blacktron mining base which was in the process of being decommissioned. It was likely visible only because its main power generators had already been removed so that there was no longer sufficient energy to run the cloaking radar. Our satellite probe made three overhead passes and then dispatched its drone take close-up shots of the facility. The drone made about one good loop around the base before it was destroyed...
See the report for more info...

Very nice! Wow, that base is huge. Too bad that black doesn’t photograph well. I’ll bet that it’s even more impressive in person. Oh wait, you’ve disassembled it, haven’t you?

I like the way that you made the triangular logos on the walls here.

Do you have a single shot of the entire base to share? The detail shots were nice, but one overview shot would be appreciated.

Thanks John. I didn’t get any good overview shots, so I’m afraid what you see is what you get - just enough to get some ideas... Overall it was 4 by 8.5 baseplates.

-Matt :)