 Space / 35697
Re: New MOC: Victory-Class Corvette
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 01:39:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:
   This is just a small ship I’ve been working on the past few weeks. I tried to go in a completely different direction from my previous spaceship, the rather ‘blah’ Vanguard-Class Destroyer. So ya see... constructive criticism given to me does not go unheeded. I can adapt!

nicely done. Since this is so nicely done and follows exactly what i see in a ships design style... you get the full load from me :)

Hull: Very nice, with the subtle snot technique, I like the fact you used those 1x2 hinge thingers. Very nicely done. the checkered effect is quite nice and gives a good contrast to the rest of the hull. If i wasnt so far into my ship, I would mimic it. The ship’s shape makes it look slow, but the corvette means it can be quite fast too. I would suggest some sort of directional thruster packs or something for Y/P/R manuvering.

Engines: quite nice. exactly what i have thought before for an engine to a small corvette or gunship. Greeb on housing is subtle and minimal, and makes it look outstanding.

Arrays: Forward: very nice assortment of large and small greeb. nice color sectioning. Underside: Nicely done, very minimal and i love the way the torpedoes are strapped on, literally. I also like how the missile packs were strapped on to a fashion. The turret itself looks nice, except your rail guns look more like conventional slug throwers from a modern day navy ship.

Interior: nicely done, I love the snot to keep the decks on tight. the Shower is going in my “Idea” folder for later use. ;) I suggest putting something between the two crew members, perhaps some sort of battlefield layout console.

All in all, a very fine ship from a very fine builder. KUTGW.