 Space / 35586
Re: Eolus-Series Business Craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:26:56 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Stefan Garcia wrote:
   Hi everyone,

One of the largest ships I’ve built so far, I present the Eolus Series, from Starbound Industries:

The Eolus is a bizjet, however the Eolus is intended primarily for space travel. It is ill-suited to the transition from atmosphere to space and back.

The wings are SNOT, as are the engines and the windows. The rest of it’s pretty standard, build-wise (tho I did manage to include a toilet and some cabinets). The CAD shows the windows as dk. blue, but they’re really trans-light blue.

Hope y’all like it!

Folder post-mod: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=95054

-Stefan-

I really like this, but I’d like to see more of it. Any chance of posting the CAD file to the brickshelf folder? I can probably help out with some rendering settings too if I have the file to play with.

As for the model - I approve of the smoothness. It’s funny; .space seems to move in cycles. When I first started posting here, greebles were all the go. They are still appreciated, but a smooth ‘featureless’ craft has become more acceptable again, thenks in no small part I suspect to the work of Phil Painter, wherever he is. On a craft such as this, interior detailing is where the real interest lies, which is what I’d like to see more of. The internal perspectievs are ok, but a cutaway view in a more orthographic projection would be stellar. That said, from what I can see, you nailed the interior perfectly.

Cheers,

Allister