 Space / 32371
Re: That old set FEELING...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 04:52:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:

   I spent an evening building it. It was an interesting build, because the plate construction seemed reasonably unique compared to other Classic Space sets I had built, but when I had finished it and swooshed it around a few times, I was both surprised and disappointed to find that it didn’t give me the feeling of nostalgia that I expected. In fact, I didn’t even find the ship as cool as I thought I would when I finally got it in my hands. I looked a bit dinky.

Anyway, light the torches, I’m ready to be tied to the stake now. :-)

I don’t blame ya. I don’t own the Galaxy Explorer, but I’ve played with a couple of them. It is a nice model, but to me it isn’t special. I think that’s because it wasn’t a set I grew up with though, if it was, the story would be different.

Heck, I wasn’t even born when it hit the shelves! (Geoff Gray, not a word out of you!) :^P

-Tim