 Space / 32370
Re: That old set FEELING...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 04:31:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Philip Painter wrote:

Yeah, I’ve noticed the lack of real ‘personality’ in the new sets. Even with the designer sets, which are really nice part packs and examples of what LEGO can do. But they still lack. . . something.

Minifigs? That was always what made me less interested in universal sets like 744 when I was a kid. Universal building sets have always seemed to have less ‘personality’ to me.

After searching the database for 744, I looked at a great many universal-style building sets, and IMO the Designer sets are among the best for ideas and designs. And 4101 has lots of personality!

Cheers,