 Space / 31919
Re: Gladius
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:49:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Theodore Sammis II wrote:
   Another small fighter for your consideration: The Gladius
And the full folder

Hey, that’s pretty cool. Add a little more trans orange and it would be right at home in Ice Planet. Your ship building skills are evolving quite nicely!

Adrian

http://www.brickfrenzy.com

Ice planet - I almost went there... except I wanted the engine exhaust ports to be a different color than the weapons... yeah, that’s an almost reasonable sounding excuse :)

As for evolving skills... Taking a chronological approach, I’m not sure if I’ve evolved much at all. A ship I made in 97 (or so) has more snot & greeblies than what I seem to do these days. I did have one with a scant 8 studs showing but overall I like the studs - they mean LEGO to me.

Maybe I shopuld start a camp of fanatical followers advocating a return to “studly” “old-school” spacecraft. Something like... “SPOT - Studs Proudly On Top” heh, no that would be silly :)

Besides some of the coolest ships out there are studless. And it really doesn’t matter how the ships are built as long as the builders enjoy building them. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I do this for fun, not as some sort of ego-building contest. (at least not anymore... I was a dunce for a while there - I admit it freely)

So now that I’ve completely gotten away from the subject at hand, let me finish by saying “Thanks for the comments Adrian!”

TRS