 Space / 30667
Re: We come in Peace....Man (New MOC Further 2.0)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:42:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake wrote:

SNIP
   Share the love indeed. That brings a whole new meaning to the term Rainbow Warrior. Scarily enough, it actually looks good too :)

(1) Thanks Adrian, for a well engineered rig! Solid AND swooshable! Seriously folks, one can learn a lot about technique by attempting a copy (repainted or not) of another MOC. This Airvan has a wonderful balance. It will park in almost any position. There is only one picture where I had to use a prop to keep the model at a specific angle.

Aww, thanks!

Adrian

http://www.brickfrenzy.com

Further thanks to you Adrian.

I offer a few more builder’s notes:

While it may appear that I was working in the dark(1), I did spend some time getting the colour just right. The first van was built and rebuilt (two steps forward one step back) from the front to the back, whereas, the second one was built in sections and then assembled. No, you’re looking at the first one; I’ll post the second when the flames die down. You will notice a few minor modifications in the first one: scoop and fin extensions on top; extra lights on the rear; rotating insignia on the sides; and most importantly, an exta level of plates under the floor for strength. I’m sure this must weigh more than yours because of all the smaller pieces used in place of the relatively large ones you used.

Peace and keep building,

Professor Whateverly

Click on!

(1) Yeah, sure. Try it sometime.