 Space / 28839
Re: Getting things Space-d up around here.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:00:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Aaron Sneary wrote:

   anyway..great work so far..the logo is a bit big though..

Nathan, Be careful which kettle you call black. I got a good laugh out of the size of your sig and its proximity to your logo size critism.

The size of the logo (technically, the size of the widest element or unwrappable text) on the front page of the group seems to determine the width split between information on the left and the last 4 posts on the right. Go too wide and on 800x600 screens the last 4 posts look very narrow and weird.

Some would argue that .trains’s widest element is a bit too wide too.

Personal signature images don’t unduly influence the entire front page, although they can make posts weird out if they’re TOO wide... so can unwrapped text which happens from time to time.

XFUT lugnet.admin.curators as this is something for curators to think about. I personally don’t think either are too wide but it’s an interesting topic and something to keep in mind.

Hope that helps

++Lar