 Space / 28664
Re: MOC: Stinger
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:38:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote:
   Hi all.

Some time ago, inspired by some outstanding creations seen here, I purchased some duplo eggs without a clear idea of what I would do with them. After a few weeks I pulled one out and started building with it without a clear idea of where I was going with the model. I built most of it apart from the rear end, and stalled. I stuck it on the shelf without a clear idea of how I would finish it. A couple of months went by and I pulled it down to see what would happen if I started putting pieces on it, but again, without any clear idea how it would end up.

The result is the Stinger, a craft without any clear function ;) other than going fast. Maybe it’s the boy-racer of the future’s vehicle of choice.

What you see is the result of fairly freeform building. I just put the bricks together and watched it evolve. The duplo egg caused it’s own problems - it just doesn’t fit together very securely. In the end I had to increase the diameter of the holes at each end to allow a technic axle to pass through, which allowed a reasonably secure construction. If that upsets the purists, so be it.

The pilot has no easy method of getting in and out, and the intention to put landing gear on the lower two arms was tossed aside as too difficult, but other than that I’m reasonably happy with the overall form, but mostly happy that the thing is just finished ;)

Yes, it’s another red/black build from me. That’s mainly due to me having the greatest variety of parts in those colours. I’m content to leave the flaunting of rare colours to those with more extensive collections/ less limited budgets :) Besides, I like red.

PLMKWYT

Allister

This is definately one of those models after a few too many swigs of cough syrup :) Wacky.

An interesting shape....particularily using that blasted egg. I’ve tried a few times myself and have an partially finished montrosity on my shelf. The boom arms are a cool feature and definately synch with the egg’s shape. The angles employed on the engine section work quite well too. If only they made those barrels in grey :/

Cheers, -Gil