 Space / 28207
Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:02:57 GMT

OK, I guess I'll just have to live with "dwarf" space trains.  I've been
  playing with some ideas in MLCAD and it does work out with the current
specs if you use articulated truck cars like this one that I designed to
  ride as low as possible, but be still strong :

  I guess I'll just have to re-design my whole modular cargo container
concept so that the TEU's are 6 studs wide and fit underneath a corridor
when transorted on a train car...

-JSM
Jon Palmer wrote:
Now that I disagree with.  I don't think the standard should bend because we
need tall trains.  Just make em short.  Like Larry said, even some mining
carts are only 48" tall.