 Space / 27577
27576  |  27578
Subject:
Moonbase Neighborhoods
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:11:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The ideal Moonbase would be one unified color scheme.  The whole layout in
blue/gray/trans-yellow or white/black/trans-blue.

But this is probably only going to happen for a few special Moonbases.
So this is where Moonbase Neighborhoods come in.

Not everyone has the resources to contribute a module only in a certain
color scheme.
And cuzz Moonbase is all about the love, we'll work around that.

Last year at NWBC, like colored modules were grouped together in
neighborhoods.  You had a blacktron looking area here, an ice planet area
etc.  This looked really good but we've never really talked about it online.

There were a few (Tony Hafner dubbed) "clown modules" in really bad (let's
face it not all colors look good for space) colors here and there, but they
were mostly few.

So starting with this years NWBC Moonbase, lets start to work out a set of
neighborhood colors.  I think this is totally fair.

Instead of restricting the Moonbase to one color scheme (pertty as it would
be) let's have a few to choose from.

Examples:

-blue/gray/trans-yellow
-black/yellow/trans-yellow
-white/black/trans-blue
-gray with small highlight color (in any color even if it's mostly gray)

Whatever, as long as it's a nice Space color scheme that you think a bunch
of people could work with.
I really think this is the best way to get a great looking Moonbase, and
include just about everyone (but maybe not the clowns ;-)

Let's get a discussion going and settle on maybe 5 or 6 Moonbase color
schemes for the NWBC03 base.

--
[  j o n ]
http://zemi.net