 Space / 27088
Re: MOC Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:47:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
http://www.futurehorizons.net/saucer.htm
--Bram

As I recall, the basic design of that isn't new at all.  IIRC, the Navy did some
experiments with extremely similar-shaped manned aircraft back in the '50s or
the '60s.  I don't recall what happened to it, but it seems to have been junked
as impracticle or unnecessary.  I'd be curious to see how one actually flies, if
it lives up to the hype on that website..