 Space / 27080

Subject:
MOC Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:41:50 GMT

http://www.futurehorizons.net/saucer.htm
--Bram

Re: MOC Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:47:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
http://www.futurehorizons.net/saucer.htm
--Bram

As I recall, the basic design of that isn't new at all.  IIRC, the Navy did some
experiments with extremely similar-shaped manned aircraft back in the '50s or
the '60s.  I don't recall what happened to it, but it seems to have been junked
as impracticle or unnecessary.  I'd be curious to see how one actually flies, if
it lives up to the hype on that website..

Re: MOC Idea
As I recall, the basic design of that isn’t new at all. IIRC, the Navy did some experiments with extremely similar-shaped manned aircraft back in the ‘50s or the ‘60s. I don’t recall what happened to it, but it seems to have been junked as impracticle or unnecessary. I’d be curious to see how one actually flies, if it lives up to the hype on that website..

Please see:

Cypher

DragonStalker

two Unmanned Aerial vehicles for recon in testing and devolopment with the US Military. The Cypher is being looked at for urban warfare conditions to scout ahead of say Rangers or SEALs.

--Rick

Re: MOC Idea
As I recall, the basic design of that isn't new at all.

I wasn't trying to point out anything new, just something that might be fun to
build...
--Bram

Re: MOC Idea