 Space / 26143
Re: AP-200/P "Piranha" Police Craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:47:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman wrote:
   Here it is...

http://www.das-brick.com/proxima/

Neat little VTOL there Rick. I really like the ‘wingless helicopter’ look, and you’ve interpreted it well here. Mostly I like the compactness of it. It’s just begging to be played with. The only thing it’s missing is a surveillance camera - this’d be a perfect ‘eye in the sky’ vehicle.

And don’t let anyone get you down about the airtightness or otherwise of the cockpit. A lot of design elements can only be suggested in Lego rather than modeled accurately. In my mind it’s a sealed cockpit whether it actually is or not, and the shape of that canopy piece is too nice to be ignored simply because it’s hard to seal up. Heck, it didn’t even make a proper seal on the Jedi Starfighter, and that one didn’t hinge.

Cheers,

Allister