 Space / 21413
Re: Feedback thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:59:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim writes:

Last comment: For those "rainbow warriors" out there, I think a nifty
solution is to just build with the colors you have and convert your pictures
to B&W. • snip
For inspiration, check out
this awesome MOC by Paul Hanson:

I just wanted to say I really like this idea, Dan.  If I ever finish my Lord
of the Rings project, I was thinking of doing a western in Lego, and might
do it in black and white.  I hadn't reallized that in addition to giving it
an "old" feel, it would also give me total freedom in using odd color
schemes to overcome brick limitations.

On the main discussion of criticism, I don't see all the fuss.  If someone
posts their first MOC and we all criticized it, that would be pretty rude.
Or if someone who never posted in a forum just popped in to say something
was bad, they'd be a troll.  This, however, was one long-time builder and
poster giving some feedback that was negative, but substantive, to another
long-time builder and poster.  I'd say there is no requirement for only
positive comments if anyone a) has posted multiple MOCs and b) is older than 8.

Personally I think the worst response is silence.  I'm sure we've all had
the experience of posting some cool MOC we've spent a lot of time on and had
noone comment on it.  I'd much rather have someone tell me why they didn't
like my latest creation than have it go completely unnoted and apparently
unnoticed.

Bruce