 Space / 20883
Re: Debut MOC: "Voodoo Child"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:30:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
Yowza.  That is a GREAT way to de-lurk and post a model.

This is really nice MOC.  The connotations to Gidden's pre-Classic Space
series is great

It was designed with a bubble canopy (and Mr. Giddens' style) in mind, but I was
trying to build an escort fighter for Joel's VES-X. I think I did OK.

- though it looks like you don't have any of the bubble
windows.  You can get one for a few $s off Bricklink/

Actually, PITSCO/Lego DACTA has a pack that comes with two. Mine is in the mail.
I posted now because I didn't want to seem aloof, and I was having trouble
thinking of stuff to add before finishing.

The grey greeblie patches in the white ship is a nice effect, and the usage
of those corrider panel pieces to sort of 'shelter' the grey is really
top-notch.  The engines are also great, too.  The bits sticking off at
angles are really nice.

Thanks. I thought I was going to lose a finger installing some of that stuff. I
ended up using minipliers to manipulate the panels so I could get my fingers in.

I presume you got an ISD for Christmas?  :)

Oooohhh yeah, baby!

Take care,

Soren