 Space / 1893
Re: Another space render...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 22:46:08 GMT

"Paul Baulch" <paul@vic.bigpond.net.au> writes:

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message ...
I've built a recreational space craft:
I envision it sort of as a sailplane for outer space...powered by
solar
wind or
solar power.  Does anyone have a good idea for a name for the model?

Heh, as soon as I saw you picture I was reminded of the name
"Sunjammer"... I couldn't name it anything else, but of course
it's your model so you can call it what you like, and I'll just
sit here and be peeved ;-)

Hey, I like that name!  I just might call it that.  Thanks!

For all you artists out there, I'd also like a critique on the
composition. Any suggestions?

Build it for real and see how strong the struts - er, ahem!

I have built it.  It does work :)

Oh, you mean the rendering.
Well, I think that having a (bright but not too glaring) yellow sun in
a corner of the picture would be highly appropriate, along with a subtle

lens flare effect (if povray doesn't do lens flares you could always
Photoshop one in... right?).

Yeah, I played with a lens flare glare off of the canopy, but it didn't
look great.  I'm afraid if I place a sun in the picture, the lighting
might look wrong, but I'll give it a shot and see if anything works.
--Bram