 Space / 1800

Subject:
BTTF DeLorean
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 03:54:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The building of my _Back to the Future_ DeLorean is slowly progressing...
The folding wheels, basic chassis, front bumper, working front lights,
and front wheel arches are complete.  I'm working my way back and
contemplating whether to rip the micromotor out of my muscle car for
steering.  I hope this thing still runs when its complete.
Unfortunately, it won't zip around like th muscle car does...
  Anyway, I need some pics of the interior.  Does anyone have any or know
where I can find some?
  Also, are there any important details on the bottom of the car?
(MouserX[1], I noticed you had some lights on the bottom of your
rendition (nice job, BTW).  Are they prototypical?
  I just realized something--for this model, I won't need to hide the
wires for the electronics.  I can just run them along the outside for
added realism!  (would make it a pain to raytrace, though)
TIA,
--Bram

1) what's your name?  It feels awkward addressing you as MouserX.

Re: BTTF DeLorean
The building of my _Back to the Future_ DeLorean is slowly progressing...
The folding wheels, basic chassis, front bumper, working front lights,
and front wheel arches are complete.  I'm working my way back and
contemplating whether to rip the micromotor out of my muscle car for
steering.  I hope this thing still runs when its complete.
Unfortunately, it won't zip around like th muscle car does...

Oh wow. THIS will be cool when it is complete. I can't wait, Bram :)

Anyway, I need some pics of the interior.  Does anyone have any or know
where I can find some?

You might try looking for some Back To The Future screenshots.

Also, are there any important details on the bottom of the car?

The transmission .. lump. Other then that, not really...

(MouserX[1], I noticed you had some lights on the bottom of your
rendition (nice job, BTW).  Are they prototypical?
I just realized something--for this model, I won't need to hide the
wires for the electronics.  I can just run them along the outside for
added realism!  (would make it a pain to raytrace, though)

YEAH! Just like the real time machine!! :) That will be AWESOME...

BTW, Where can I see MouserX's rendition?

TIA,
--Bram

1) what's your name?  It feels awkward addressing you as MouserX.

LegoMasterLuke

(You remember me, Bram? I'm the guy who corrected your diesel/nuclear
submarine page:)

Re: BTTF DeLorean
Also, are there any important details on the bottom of the car?

The transmission .. lump. Other then that, not really...

I actually have a lump on the bottom from the motor (placed in the same
way as on the muscle car I built--see cad.dat.models)

BTW, Where can I see MouserX's rendition?

cad.dat.models

(You remember me, Bram? I'm the guy who corrected your diesel/nuclear
submarine page:)

I think you've mentioned this before :)  But I'm not great at remembering
who said what...
--Bram

Re: BTTF DeLorean