 Space / 16583
Re: New Website: Toradoch Systems Launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:46:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Sciortino writes:

Looks techy and futuristic - I think you got it right.

Many thanks Tom!

In the defense section, each sub-topic has a letter ending with a long black
bar - except for Interspace, which has long black bar, then ending letter.
I know you can't put the bar on the end of the E, but maybe put the bar
first for the other two (the D and the V of GrounD and AerograV)?

Actually, they all are just a bar merged with the right half of a letter.  I
think the Interspace one show up more because of the features of the 'E'.
Sadly, my vector graphics program is both old and limited.

Only other comment is the home page.  It looks a little too simple in
general and compared to the other division pages.  Maybe a short paragraph
about the company (how it started, who'd the CEO - as if we didn't know  ;)
on the main page and then arrange the links vertically like the other sub
pages.  A short blurb about each division might be good too.

Oh, another idea!  You should get some of those little pictures of people
working together on stuff - you know, politically correct pictures of
different races and different sexes working on a computer.  Like the stuff
all these big engineering company web pages have.  Definitely you need the
one with the guy sitting at the computer with the other person over his
shoulder helping him out.  Maybe also a closeup of some piece of technology.
A rendering of a single part on single color background?  I just imagine a
few pictures scattered across the home page to make it one of those "wow,
what a great place; I want to work there!" kind of pages.

I was thinking that as well.  It was the first page I ever created, so as I
look back on it now I realize that it needs a refurb!  All great suggestions
...I think I might do a corporate page as you suggested when I 'borrow'
someone's code for a rollout menu to go under the splash banner.  Would be
hilarious to do all these shots with minifigs!

I like the way each division page has its own personality - as if they are
all owned by one umbrella company, but independantly run.

Well, I wish I had the patience (or the expertise, for that matter) to soup
up my page, but for now, it'll just have to remain one long scroll.  Keep up
the good work!  A very clean, easy to navigate, and good looking page.

           -- Tom

Many thanks again for the commments and kudos Tom...all very helpful!

Cheers,
-G