 Space / 14119
Re: What do you listen too while building?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 19:57:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:

If I am building large spacecraft, though, I find that the most
inspirational music is from the classical suite "Holst: The Planets", which
I heard was a primary influence on John Williams for the Star Wars
soundtrack. The piece entitled "Mars: The Bringer Of War" is particularly
evocative of a cataclysmic space battle. It's probably my favourite piece of
orchestral music.

All through school and college I was in symphonic bands (I used to play
trumpet).  Mars is a really fun piece to play--sitting in the middle of the
band with trombones and tubas behind you pumping out that bass line.  It's a
very high energy experience.

Bruce